Monday, November 1, 2010

moving! road trip snacks, and boxes, lots of boxes

I'm finally taking care of that moving-across-the-country business, by driving across the country with a truck full of my stuff. Which means: snacks! I made pumpkin molasses bars, banana barley bars (from 500 Vegan Recipes) and magical coconut bars (from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar). I changed the coconut bars the teeniest bit by using slivered almonds where the recipe called for chopped walnuts. They're definitely magical! Full of graham-crackery goodness and coconut milk and flakes. The banana barley bars are fantastic as a portable breakfast -- the barley is barley cereal (I used Grape Nuts) and it ends up being like a sweet, chocolatey bowl of cereal in bar form.

I also recently bought a new lens, mostly on the recommendation of Vegan YumYum's amazing food photography for bloggers. All of these pictures are from me playing around with my new lens.


All the bars!


Magical coconut bars: yum.


Boxes piled in my studio. There were about 80 boxes total, of wildly varying sizes: everything from rolls of paper, to shoeboxes, to a huge, professionally-packed box containing my printer/scanner (which can scan up to 11"x17" pages).


My lunch the other day, an arugula salad with walnuts, sunflower seeds, chives, and sorrel.

1 comment:

  1. That's the majority of your existence at home and that will be the majority of your existence abroad. http://www.mmovers.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails